Sunday, September 6, 2009

~ Terrible Blogger... Horrible Friend ~

Photobucket
OMG!  That title is so true.  I have a million excuses.  I hate the way blogger uses graphics, or how the animation is always distorted.  The way it freezes up while I'm in google reader regardless of what browser I'm using.  How comments never go through unless I try a gazillion times.  How I just haven't been able to get into it since I went through all my shit.  I've been playing way too much in Facebook because it's faster, easier, and most of the time more user friendly.  EXCUSES!   I suck!  I am so sorry....  really I am.  I do care about you...  believe or don't......
I've actually been doing good.  Great really.  Yeah I got laid off from my job of 17 years.  I never cried, never got mad.  Felt nothing really.  I've had a blast.  Summer arrived for a few weeks and I enjoyed the time like you would not believe.  I decided after a couple weeks I should buckle down and job hunt.  I started the job hunt by shopping.  LMAO!   Well....  I needed clothes to wear on the interviews, ya know?   That in itself was so much fun.  Shopping off the racks and rarely needing to try things on.  Good Gaawd I love it!!
I sent out a few resumes.  Then it happened.  I was contacted by a few companies. 
I won't go into too much information, but I had an interview and it felt good.  I thought I'd be nervous, but I wasn't.  It was very natural.  I must have done something right because they called me back the next day to come back.  I did and wow!  An offer was made.  I counter and it all worked out.  I am making more then I did before.  I'm still in sales and the bonus/commission structure is wonderful.  I am confident it won't be long and I will be on the right path.  The $$$ path.  LOL   So, yeap, I accepted and start on Wed.  I'm so excited.
So there you have it.  I am hoping to get into a routine and get back on the blogger path.  I hope you'll all forgive me and work with me to get things back on track.  I've missed you all!
Hugs
~d

28 comments:

Joyce said...

I am very happy for you Donna...may your future be bright and happy...love and hugs, Joyce

Jeannette said...

Oh Donna, I'm so happy for you! A new job sounds great! I can't get into Blogger, I know we keep saying it but it's just not the same as AOL journals. I haven't done an entry in months, no motivation there for me! Good luck with your new job, it sounds a dream.... did I say I was happy for you?! Glad you enjoyed the summer too, sounds like a much needed rest for you! Jeannette xxxx

Mari said...

Wonderful news!! I just had should surgery last week going to see the surgeon on Tuesday.

This summer has flown by

Congrats on your new job

MariesImages said...

Glad to hear THE GREAT NEWS!
Enjoy your weekend~

Ken Riches said...

Way to land on your feet :o)

Linda said...

Donna I am so happy for you!! I am so glad everything is working out with all that you have been through! Linda

Hollie said...

I'm soooo happy for you too. I'm sure everything will work out just fine for ya. I'm glad to see an entry from you I have to admit! :)

Connie said...

One door closes and another one opens.You took it all with the right attitude and it reaped your rewards. Proud and happy for you. You have such a newfound gusto for life...and things are looking up for you. :-)
ENJOY!! You deserve it!!!

Astaryth said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like a wonderful door closing/window opening type of thing. I've had the blogging blahs also. I blame it on lots of things, but the truth is I've just had the blahs about most things. I've been thinking I blogged the most when I was using my camera a lot. I think it's time to dust it off and get out there so I have something to blog about! ;p

Linda Brown said...

Congratulations Donna I am so happy for you. I am also glad you enjoyed your time off. Thanks for sharing with us and hopefully soon you will be blogging more often.
Bless you!
llbrown247@aol.com
Linda

Helen said...

I am glad that a new job has opened for you. Best wishes that everything will work out ok. Helen

Gerry said...

So good to read this entry in these down economic times. I am sure you will do well in your new job. I am so happy for you. I wish you all the luck in the world! Photos in your new clothes?? Gerry

Linda's World said...

Congratulations! You are more ambitious that I would have been. I would have taken some more unemployment check time. I'm just so glad I've put in my time and am retired. Don't have to worry about getting laid off. My only worry is my piddly hospital retirement might go away & that the powers that be will mess with my Social Security. Best wishes as you start your new job! Linda in Washington

Bridgett said...

That ROCKS!!!!

I didn't figure you'd have much trouble finding another job with all your experience. :)

Congratulations.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Donna, so good to hear from you again.
Job sounds great and i am glad you got to enjoy the summer,
Love to youu, Bill

Kathy said...

And we have all missed you (well, except those of us who play on FB all day and night -- lol) Good job on the new job! And GOOD LUCK! I hope you love it and it works out the way you hope it will

Terri said...

Add me to the terrible blogger, horrible friend part... I too have been on facebook alot more... it consumes your time as much as blogger does... I have to get back into the swing of things cause I miss my blogger friends tons and also hate knowing that my life isn't documented on my journal like it should be...I at least should write once or twice a week... as much as I hate to...I probably need to narrow down the blogs I read..and only read 25-30 and not 100...or more..I just can't keep up anymore...it's just overwhelming!

I knew you would get the job, so proud of you girl! Congrats! Wooowhooooo for more $$$$$

Love & hugs
Terri

Xenia said...

So happy to read such good news about you Donna. Wishing you all the very best. Hugs, Xenia

Joan said...

so glad all has worked out for you. Hope you love you new job and look forward to hearing about it. facebook is ok but not like blogs there is an awful lot of rubbish on there. Love Joan

lisa said...

you are a wonderful friend.....FB is awesome....blogger kind of sucks.

Your tags, all of them, to me, are masterpieces.

i am not surprised at all that you are rehired. Whoever let you go after all those years were fools and i have no doubt you are going to rise to the TOP in your new job. Huge congrats!
LOVE ya

Valerie said...

Wow, good for you, Donna!! And you had a little rest before you got the job, too. I'm sure that helped. You sound so positive =)!! It's good to see you post!! NEVER feel bad about neglecting your blog. It's there for YOU, you aren't here for US... Love you, honey... and good luck!!! Love, Val xox

slj said...

Congratulations on the job. The $$$ path is a good place to be:)
Can't wait to hear how things go for you on Wed.
Sheri

Dawn said...

I just knew it would all work out! YAY! I can't wait until you blog more again! I miss you!

be well...

Rose~* said...

Congrats on the new job - I'm always thinking of you over here and enjoy any tidbit of news from you, and when you add a photo (or two) or a graphic, that really puts a smile on my face. :)

ADB said...

Congratulations, Donna, well done and "way to go"! See you more round here, if you can

LaVern said...

Certainly missed your chatting with us. Am happy that all worked well, and you have a very promising new job. All the best!
God Bless!
LaVern

Stephy said...

whoo hoo for the new job!
Going to add you on Facebook.

Stephy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Job!

-- Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/